Friday, September 13, 2013

Pessimistic Optimism from a professional procrastinator


I've toyed with the idea of writing a blog. I'm a writer after all, so what better way to practice my craft than writing on a semi-regular basis? While it's true I love to write, I also most likely have some sort of adult ADHD. It's great because I have a variety of interests but I tend to get... squirrel!

Where was I? Anyhoo, I've been posting semi-regular musings on Facebook (many alcohol inspired, but that's the subject of another blog...) so I figured I'd give this blog thing another try. I have a friend who I'm trying to encourage to resume her blog, so what better way than to start my own?

I don't have any particular theme or goal in mind as of yet. Maybe a pattern will appear, maybe it'll remain random, maybe I can hire a monkey to keep this thing going while I watch the Broncos play.

One of the things I'm not sure about is how much detail I'll get into. I want people to read this blog, but I may say things either about the very people reading, or reveal a bit too much about myself. I'll play it by ear and depending on how tired I am (or alcohol I consume) may determine what I write.

What about Pessimistic Optimism? Oh yeah. I came up with that phrase while Google-ing for some sort of positive anti-optimistic quote. I'm a stubborn optimist and lately that optimism has just delayed my acceptance of things I know are the truth, but that sliver of hope always seemed bigger than it really was.


Side note: You may notice some older posts I did for a class a couple years ago. I decided to leave them up to make it look like I'm a more accomplished blogger than the current truth. It's all about appearances now-a-days...

No comments:

Post a Comment